Facebook Security is one of the vital issues where we all have to look into. Facebook Accounts are a kind of an asset that we have. A lot of bloggers & webmasters make money out of their links on the social media giant – Facebook and to protect the account in our biggest concern.
With each passing day the hacking activities are growing, thus making our accounts less secure. Facebook Security team keeps on looking into these all stuff and keeps on upgrading the interface to make the accounts more secure.
And a few days back I found a cool new security setting that we can do on our account to make it more secure and almost impossible to hack. So, I thought to share this with you all.
[Image Credit: Flickr]
Facebook has allowed you all to enable secured browsing on your account i.e. encrypted HTTPS Protocol. All the safe transactions are done in the HTTPS protocol as it is believed to me the most secure. Email Services, Online money transfers, online shopping – all of these work on the HTTPS protocol.
Steps to Enhance Facebook Security Using HTTPS Browsing:
1. Login to your Facebook Account
2. Click on Settings and then navigate to Account Settings
3. As soon as you click on ‘Account Settings’, a new page will open up at your end.
4. Click on ‘Security’ option there, and on the right hand side it will provide you the option to enable secure browsing.
5. Check the box that says, “Browse Facebook on a Secure Connection (HTTPS) and click on ‘Save Changes’.
By implementing secure connection (HTTPS), your browsing will be secured and your Facebook account will be safe from hacking attacks.
Do share your views about this Facebook Security tip.