As the user of a PHP editor, the very first thing that comes to the mind the look and feel of the PHP editor. Let me express myself, codelobster does match the standards that a user will set for his PHP editor.
Specifications of Codelobster
Let this be very clear to all the readers that codelobster’s basic version is on for free downloading but one will; have to buy the premium version.
Now to say about the specifications, the free version itself has so many options that sometimes you will be bewildered thinking how so many options can be present. To be very genuine, codelobster is a complete different genre of PHP editors.
Codelobster supports context help on most of the languages. On pressing the “F1 “key, a complete list with the description of the page enrols down to help its user.
The application also supports an debugger for PHP. The debugger executes the steps of the PHP scripts line by line at the same time keeping an eye on the values.
The SQL manager allows the user to perform all the required functions related to Database like adding, deleting or editing a structure or record. It also allows the export of data and executes the SQL queries.
The support that codelobster allows for FTP, allows the user to work on data in the remote computer. It also allows changes to be made in the set of data in the remote server.
Let us just have a summary of the good things that codelobster provides:
- Powerful Debugger.
- Provides an edit features which is not available on many other editors.
- Shows the output for three leading web browsers: Firefox, chrome and Internet Explorer.
- Adding to everything, the application is extremely stable.
- The application being portable helps to ease many problems of the user.
- Codelobster also provides special plugins for: WordPress, Drupal, CodeIgniter,etc.
Points to Improve
Now let us just have a word or two about the drawbacks of the application. Not to say drawbacks but rather a few points, which, if taken care of, will make codelobster one of the best PHP editors in the market currently.
1. The editor does not support the comparison of two files. in any cases, we often need to compare two files before creating a new one.
2. The editor does not have the ability to integrate with source control software.
Basically, no leading PHP editors have these options. But if codelobster can provide these options as well, then there is no stopping for the applications.
Verdict for Codelobster:
To say with an overall view, codelobster is an excellent PHP editor. I would say, users, go for the application, you will like it. Here’s the link to their website: http://www.codelobster.com/