Actual Traffic of a blog is not easy to figure out. We use a lot of tools like Alexa, Stats Counter and a lot more. But all of these tools use some kind of external resources to give an estimate of the actual traffic. And most the time, it is not even near to the actual traffic. So, today I would be telling you about a service by Google that can help you get insights of any website/blog and that too in detail, classified as age, gender, education of the readers etc. But, before telling you about it, let me show you which are all the areas where you may want to know about this info about any website/blog.
Why do we need to know the Actual Traffic on Any Website?
There are a lot of reasons why I would like to know about the actual traffic of some other website. Some of the reasons are listed below:
- You Want to Advertise on that Website/Blog.
- You Want to Guest Post on that Website/blog.
- To Get Information About your Competitors.
- You Want to Purchase that Website.
- You Want to Catch someone’s Lie
The above mentioned are few selected reason out of the hundreds, that why anyone would like to know about the actual traffic of some other website.
How to Check the Actual Traffic?
Now, as we are aware why we need to check the actual traffic of any website, so the question arises How to Do It?
So, Google is here with the solution – “Google Ad Planner“
Google Ad Planner is one of the best tools that I have come across. You can easily search the actual traffic of any domain name divided into geographical regions, per day visitors, unique page views per day, total page views and a lot more divided into different categories. Let’s have a look how it works:
1) Login to Your Ad Planner Dashboard with your Google Username & Password
2) Click on “Begin Research”.
3) Enter the URL of the website in the “Search by Site” column & Press Enter.
4) Now you will be able to see the actual traffic of the website certified by Google itself.
Traffic would be categorized according to Traffic Statistics, Daily Unique Visitors, Age, Gender, Education, Audience Interest, Keyword Searches for that website etc.
Which tool do you use to analyze actual traffic of any website/blog? Have you ever tried Google Ad Planner before? Do Share your views about Google Ad Planner..